Sanderson Farms is a fully integrated poultry producer. Original 8,000 ton per week mill completed by Todd & Sargent in 1995-96. Mill expanded to 18,000 ton per week with high speed rail unloading in 2006, 2007and 2008. The addition of two new soybean meal silos are 55’ diameter x 112’ tall with 4,200 ton capacity each. Features:
Two Receiving Systems
- Rail receiving rated at 45,000 BPH. (Added in 2007)
- Truck receiving rated at 8,000 BPH.
Ingredient Storage Bins
- 17 ingredient bins to mixer - 2,400 tons
- 4 pellet mill surge bins - 290 tons
- 22 bulk loadout bins - 2,900 tons
- 8,000 tons of soybean storage added in 2008.
Whole Grain Storage: 314,000 bushel capacity originally in 1995.
- 280,000 bushel capacity expansion built in 2006.
Batching: 200 TPH capacity
- One 12-ton mixer.
- One 20 bin micro ingredient system.
Pelleting: 180 TPH (Upgraded in 2007)
- Two pellet lines each providing 90 TPH.
- Two pellet mills, each with dual conditioners, horizontal coolers, and crumbler.
- Cooler Aspiration System.
- Complete plant automation, electrical and mechanical installation.
- Precast concrete construction warehouse, boiler and receiving buildings.