Wayne Farms LLC is one of the largest vertically integrated poultry producers in the U.S., with annual sales exceeding $2.2 billion. They own and operate 11 fresh and further-processed facilities throughout the Southeast and produce more than 2.6 billion pounds of poultry products each year. Wayne Farms LLC has partnered with Todd & Sargent for their Alabama-based poultry feedmill with a projected output of 25,000 tons per week.
- Receiving Systems
- Rail receiving for corn rated at 50,000 BPH
- Rail receiving for soft stocks rated at 17,500 CFH
- Truck receiving rated at 14,000 CFH/280 TPH
- Ingredient Storage Bins
- 28 ingredient bins to mixers - 5,400 tons
- 6 pellet mill surge bins - 656 tons
- 30 bulk loadout bins - 6,000 tons (dual driveways)
- Whole Grain Storage
- 1 million bushel capacity.
- Soybean Meal Storage
- 4,200 tons
- Dual Batching
- 162 TPH system capacity
- Dual 10 ton mixers
- Two 20 bin micro ingredient system
- Pelleting: 270TPH
- 3 pellet lines each providing 90 TPH
- 3 pellet mills, each with dual conditioners, horizontal coolers, and a crumbler
- Support Systems
- Complete plant automation, electrical and mechanical installation
Substantial completion of the Wayne Farms feedmill is projected for December 2016. The new facility will employ approximately 88 workers to the local area with an annual payroll estimated at $3.1 million.